STEM Summit VI:
Ensuring the Pipeline
Preparing Massachusetts Students for Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
[Click here to download the entire schedule as a PDF or Word document.]
DATE: Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
LOCATION: Sturbridge Host Hotel and Conference Center 366 Main Street, Sturbridge, MA 01566 (directions to come)
Preliminary Schedule of Activities
Note: Changes may occur with speakers/panelists between now and the day of the event if conflicts arise for some individuals.
7:00 - 9:00 Continental Breakfast
7:30 - 8:15 First Time Attendee Session
8:15 - 9:00 Sign-in
9:00 - 9:30 Welcome and Preliminary Speakers
- Secretary Paul Reville, Executive Office of Education
- Commissioner Richard M. Freeland, Department of Higher Education
- Commissioner Mitchell D. Chester, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Commissioner Sherri Killins, Department of Early Education and Care
9:30 - 10:00
- Keynote Speaker: Lt. Governor Timothy Murray
- Introduction: President Jack M. Wilson, University of Massachusetts
10:00 - 10:15 Overview of the Day's Events
- J. Lynn Griesemer, Associate Vice President for Economic Development, University of Massachusetts, and Executive Director, UMass Donahue Institute
10:30 - 12:00 Morning Break-out Sessions
12:00 - 12:45 Lunch Buffet
12:45 - 1:20 Lunch Presentations
- Sarah Dougherty, Senior, Marlborough High School, 1st place award winner at the State Science & Engineering Fair at MIT - Introduced by William F. Rigney, Science and Technology/Engineering Coordinator - grades 6 through 12, Marlborough High School
- Joyce Plotkin, President Emerita, Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council, Inc.
- Opening Minds to Math and Science: A Middle School Career Awareness Program, Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council, The Engineering Center, MassBioED, Massachusetts Networks Communications Council, MassMEDIC and The New England Clean Energy Council
1:30 - 3:00 Afternoon Break-out Sessions
3:00 - 3:30 Coffee, Cookies & Networking
For registration information, please contact Lesley Smythe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jean Supel at email@example.com.
The PDF files on this page require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.